Rachel Winer, M.D. is a licensed, board-certified psychiatrist in Portola Valley, California specializing in adult psychotherapy for conditions including depression, anxiety and worry, addiction, social phobia, stress management, relationship issues, family problems, job stress, coping with medical illness, and grief and loss.
Dr. Winer believes in a holistic view of mental health and wellbeing, and she feels connection, commitment, and partnership between patient and therapist are essential to quality care. Her approach integrates mindfulness, relational attachment, and empathic attunement. She enjoys providing both psychotherapy and pharmacologic management as part of comprehensive, coordinated mental health care so patients can get everything they need in one place. In addition to symptom alleviation, Dr. Winer strives to foster self-awareness, understanding, and curiosity in her patients about their inner lives and relationships with others.
- B.A. from Yale University with dual majors in Biochemistry and History of Medicine
- M.D. from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City
Internship and residency at Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Intensive, individual psychotherapy training: psychodynamic psychotherapy, time-limited dynamic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, and supportive psychotherapy
- Focused training on palliative care and grief, global mental health and cross-cultural issues, and women's health
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis Palo Alto Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program Fellowship Year
American Psychoanalytic Association Fellowship, 2015-2016